Wednesday, July 21, 2010

KANSAS CHRISTIAN ASHRAM 2010


Today Lorna, (our lay ministry coordinator, ML, and I head to Sterling for a few days to participate in the 2010 Kansas Christian Ashram. The Ashram is a family camp and disciplined time for Christian fellowship and learning. It began under the influence of E. Stanley Jones, a missionary to India. Ashram is a Hindi word meaning "away from hard work" thus it encourages us to get away from the grunt and groan of everyday life to get away with God and His people for a time of spiritual learning and refreshment. And in the midst of our time together, the central theme of the Ashram will be "Jesus is Lord!"


This year our Bible teacher will be Steve Rankin, the current campus minister and chaplain at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. The evangelist will be Dennis Wallace, senior pastor at Asbury UMC in Wichita. Yes, a couple of heavy hitters!! Top notch, I can't wait.


The picture above was of me preaching at the 2004 Ashram. What a privilege it was. This year I am excited to be one of those who will glean from the teaching and preaching by Steve and Dennis. Maybe you all can join us next year. You can be sure you will be blessed!


Jesus is Lord!!!


PS - Jo - see you there???

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

I'm loving the idea of "away from hard work". I can hardly handle sitting outside in the sun every afternoon. Holding my magazines up. Let me check and see if the garmin is in use. I can go anywhere with that baby! (It does seem odd to me that you aren't speaking!???????? I didn't think an old dog could be taught new tricks?

Inay said...

I study bible every week to lessen the load of work force. God bless you.

JoAnne said...

Just a reminder. Its monday. Blog day.