Monday, July 26, 2010

GOD MOMENTS!



This has been a great week to experience God at work - those "God moments" where you know that you know that you have experienced God in a special way. Let me give you a few examples if you don't mind:



I mentioned the Kansas Christian Ashram last week. The "Big Two" led us - Dennis Wallace as the evangelist and Steve Rankin as the Bible teacher. God really used them - incredible! Dennis spoke to us from the book of Nehemiah with regards to Passion - the drive that burns within us to do what we do as Christians. He spoke of our need to be passionate, the source of passion, the power of passion, and the slayers of passion. Bottom line - no passion, no ministry.
Steve challenged us to grow in our faith as Christians due to the fact that we find ourselves stuck in the Peter Pan syndrome - never wanting to grow up. Spiritual maturity is not just about following the rules, knowledge of the Bible, knowing theology, or merely practicing spiritual disciplines. It's about becoming fully what and who God designed us to be. It's about embodying the attitude and actions of Jesus. It's about moving beyond religiosity and living in a way that allows others to see that loving God and loving others is our priority. To settle for remaining in a childlike faith is not an option. (I've got the notes and the Scriptural passages to go with them if you'd like).
Of course the Cross Focus praise team did a marvelous job in leading us in worship. What a blessing. It was not just about performance, but about entering the throne room of God. Thanks!
Sunday was another blessed day as I was able to baptize a beautiful little girl named Rachel. her dad had just returned from serving in the military and he and his wife wanted Rachel baptized before returning to Virginia Beach. What a joy to be a part of what God is already doing in the life of that little one. And then 3 person made their vows to become members of the church. Just another joy to covenant together to pray for each other and hold each other accountable as we continue on the journey of faith.
So, as you can see, God is definitely doing his thing. His Holy Spirit is alive and well and if will just get out of the way and submit ourselves to his will, we will experience the things of God that will increase our passion, mature us in the faith, draw us into the throne room, and draw us closer to each other as the family of God. Praise the Lord! Can I get an Amen?? Let the redeemed of the Lord SAY SO!
Comments anyone???????
(Next week I will be in New Mexico on a mission trip. If able, I will send some reports. Keep me in your prayers).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I so enjoy reading your blog every week. It sounds like you are very very busy!! God is so good. Our lives have been hectic this past 6 months but I know that my God is there to lead me and protect me and guide me. Give ML my love!!
Love,
Sandra"Dee"