Monday, July 12, 2010

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!


Our vision team has been reading and studying a book by Craig Groeschel entitled It- How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It! It's a great read and has helped guide us in some of our decisions regarding the focus and direction for our church. I was given another book by Groeschel from Todd and Melissa for Father's day entitled The Christian Atheist - Believing in God but Living as if He Doesn't Exist.


Now I havn't read the book as of yet but am very intrigued by the title because it's something I've been thinking about for some time. Do we really believe all that we proclaim when it comes to our faith? Do we really believe in miracles? Do we really believe that God can heal? When we set a budget at church, is it based upon what we believe God desires and wants to do or is it based upon our human limitations? Do we believe in the transformation of lives? Do we believe in the power of the Holy Spirit? Do we believe that God will supply our every need (not wants)? Do we believe that God will empower us to do his work? Do we believe that God answers prayer?


Our lives tell the story. What do our lives say about what we proclaim? Honestly, I've been a Christian atheist before. Probably still am in certain areas in my life. And if you are honest, you can relate. I do know one thing. I want to live a life that reflects what I proclaim to believe. How about you?


I'll read the book and give you my thoughts later. Until then, I choose to believe!

2 comments:

Inay said...

I believe only on what the bible is telling me.

As Christ said...
There is no lacking in it for it is the word of God.

If it is about faith. Bible is the answer....

JoAnne said...

Western Kansas is waiting.............