Thursday, March 29, 2007

STUFF AND MORE STUFF!

  • For you locals- don't forget to vote regarding the school bond issue. For me, I don't see any other option than to support the board and their research. Whatever your choice, go and vote.
  • By the way- did I mention I was going to be a grandpa? (17 1/2 weeks in the womb)
  • Congratulations to Alice Summers - 96 years young. (Still sharp as a tack)
  • A little bragging on Kyle who took 1st in the javelin, 2nd in discus, 2nd in the shot put, and his "weight" relay took first at the Tribune track meet on Tuesday. Not bad, huh?
  • Whose idea was it to bring Krispy Creme donuts to the local grocery store? Like I need a dozen of those?
  • Congrats to our middle son and his wife for the buying of a new house in Topeka. I don't even have a house to call my own. (Thankfully the church owns a great parsonage).
  • Anyone have a decent car in the 4,000-5,000 dollar range? I know of someone who is looking.
  • How about all this moisture we've been getting? Are we sure this is western Kansas? What a blessing.
  • Pray for my brother Randy - depression is rearing its ugly head again. Thanks.
  • Palm Sunday is this coming Sunday with Easter a week away. Are we ready to celebrate the resurrection or are we falling asleep like the disciples did the night Jesus prayed in the garden? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know if memory serves me right you haven't mentioned that your going to be grandpa since 3-15-07.
Keep counting, if will give you something to do since you don't have anything else to do. HA HA
And yes I am ready to celebrate the resurrection.

The Helm Family said...

Hey Pastor Rick!!

Congrats on being a grandpa!! My brother's been in Topeka for over a year now, if they need anything, I am sure he would be happy to help out!!

Amy Helm (Gengler)