Thursday, March 15, 2007

GEORGIA ON MY MIND!

Well, I guess someone has to do it. I'm preparing to leave for

Saint Simon's Island off the coast of Georgia early Monday morning for a conference with the World Methodist Council on Evangelism. It is a reunion with those who are a part of the Order of the Flame (Faithful Leaders as Mission Evangelists) within Methodism. We will be hearing from leaders from around the world regarding the work that God is doing in and through His people. Historically this is an area where John Wesley came from England to evangelize the Indians but was not very successful. You can read about it in his journals (as if you will).

Sadly my wife will not be going with me (saving days to spend with the little grandbaby when he/she (they) arrives). That's the only downside to the trip.

I understand there is wireless internet at the site so I'll try and take a picture or two and put on the blog during the week to keep you updated. In between pictures and speakers I may have to eat a few grits. (Remember, you don't order a grit. They don't come by themselves).

Pray for safety on the road and in the air as well as flight being on time. Traveling can be great but also can be a real pain. Which it will be is yet to be seen.

Carry on.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To bad that Mary Lou can't go with you but if she stays here then we know you will come back. Seems like the baby to be pops up when we least expect it. I do wish you would get a little more excited about the baby. Go ahead and get excited! I for one think it is great news and isn't even my first grandbaby.

Anonymous said...

So you have Georgia on your mind.
Well I have been prodded by KF to encourage, persuade, coax, beg you to also keep Garden City on your mind and the fall Emmaus Walks to be held there.
We were treated to that mean team music machine (minus your talent) this weekend. Did you teach Rod everything he knows about playing that bass guitar? Or did he perfect that bass playing ability on his own?? We were blessed.

Former snack lady.