Monday, November 23, 2009

SO MUCH, SO MUCH, SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR!


Once again we gather together this week as friends and family to celebrate the many blessings that have been bestowed upon us from our heavenly Father. So often we take for granted all that we have but it is my prayer this year that we will be intentional about offering our thanks to God for all His many provisions.


Personally I am so grateful for my family - my parents, ML's parents, my brothers and their families, ML's siblings and families, my wife (so very thankful), my boys and their wives (no, Kyle does not have a wife), and of course, the grandkids. What a blessing to have such a great family.

As I mentioned in church yesterday, I am so thankful for good friends, for this great country, and for the church (the body of Christ). I am thankful for the opportunities I've been given to minister in many areas of this state (as well as this country) and am so blessed to have met so many wonderful folks. I'm also so appreciative to be able to experience God's creation - in the flatlands of Kansas to the high mountains of Colorado to the humidity of Mulvane (trees grow where it's humid). The evidence of a Creator is all around us to be sure.

But most of all I'm thankful for Jesus who gave his life on the cross for me and for you that we might live in right relationship with our heavenly Father. I'm thankful that I don't have to earn God's love but by responding to his grace (his unconditional love) by faith, I am assured life, abundant life both now and for eternity.

And yes, for that my heart gives thanks.

1 comment:

Kevin F. said...

As always Rick, the Lord has blessed me and my family beyond measure once again this past year.

Your and Mary Lou's friendship is so precious to Lori and me. We look forward to getting together and "fellowshipping" once in a while in 2010!