Monday, July 27, 2009

"JUST" US!


Wow! We've been in Mulvane almost a month now. It's hard to believe! We are slowly getting settled but still have a lot to do. We don't have anything on the walls yet but we're getting there. The pics above are of the house with a rock with our name out front. One of our neighbors made that for us. Ironically his wife grew up only about 6 miles from me or so. Small world.
Things are busy at church - meeting new people all the time. I am trying my best to take it slow but for those of you who know me, it's hard to pull in the reigns. Mostly I am trying to observe, listen, evaluate, pray, pray, and pray. I have lots of idea but there is plenty of time to address them at a later date.
It's been great having ML at home. Hopefully it can stay that way. We'll see. One thing for sure, it's weird being so close to things - stores, restaraunts, family, etc.. But I think we'll manage.
Had the privilege of going to Leah Rankin's wedding on Saturday at Winfield. A wonderful Christian service. Steve (her dad) officiated and did an awesome job. He only cried 2,3,4,5 times or so. That a boy, Steve.
God is indeed good. I pray you are experiencing Him to the fullest. Have a blessed week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would behoove you to take things slow. I dont think Mulvane is ready for "Clint Eastwood Just" just yet. Did you pull out your mop for Steve. For some reason I could see you doing that even at a wedding. Sounds like things ae going great. Hope you unpack that Leoti phone book soon.

Kevin F. said...

Do I know the person who did the rock for you? I'm trying to think of the neighbors within 6 miles of Aulne when we were growing up.

Anonymous said...

I will once again refrain from comment, although I have a few!
jo

Anonymous said...

ya i am not sure Mulvane is ready for a colt 44 in one hand and a bible in the other!!