Monday, July 20, 2009

"AWAY FROM WORK" - THE ASHRAM

Just returned from the Kansas Christian Ashram at Sterling where I was the Bible teacher for the week. I used a theme of "greatness" - The Great Sermon, The Great Commandment, The Great Commission, and The Great Life. It was a "Great" time! "Ashram" is a Hindi word which means away from work and the concept was transferred to a Christian time for spiritual retreat by a former missionary to India, E. Stanley Jones. At the Ashram, an evangelist, a Bible teacher, a youth leader, and a children's leader work with the various ages of those who attend to offer some Christian teaching, Christian fellowship, and just some plain old fun together. It was a real privilege to work with Todd ( my son), Mary Beth, (my sister-in-law), and Kevass (my brother in Christ) for the four days together. It was also a great time with my wife, ML, and little Owen (grandson) and Melissa (daughter-in-law). The pics below show some of what was going on. It was a blessed time. Hope some of you can go next year.


Mary Beth with the kids as they told us about Joseph. She did such a great job!



Grammy (Mary Lou) with little Owen. Can't tell they are having fun, can you?

Todd teaching the youth during one of the their sessions. Uses his hands to talk like someone else I know.


Kevass Harding was our evangelist teaching us about Godly character - Obedience, joy, patience, and self-control. He was awesome!



Notice, my mouth isn't open. Thus a miracle occurred at Ashram! (no comments Jo)





4 comments:

Gina :) said...

Your mouth isn't open because it's not time to preach yet...this is just warm up music, I can tell.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Good one. You are correct.

PR

Anonymous said...

I won't give you a hard time, I know you can be still and know God is God. Sounds like everyone had a great time and the little man is really growing. Take care my friend, some of us are neck deep in the food booth prep. I'll need a get away when this is all done. Tell all the family Hi from Leoti. M

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of ML and Owen. Grandchildren- I'm sure they are a joy! ystebsrewob