Monday, May 04, 2009

Ashram - "away from work".

Just returned from Estes Park Colorado where I spoke at the Colorado Ashram. "Ashram" is a word that in India means "away from work". It is a time to spend in worship, prayer, teaching, fellowship and centering on Jesus as Lord. I spoke 4 times between Friday night and Sunday morning and had a great time - speaking on the Great Sermon (Sermon on the Mount), the Great Commandment, and the Great Commission with a healing service in between. We met at a lodge on the outskirts of Estes Park - wow what scenery! It was beautiful. I even was interrupted by a couple of elk walking behind the lodge while I was preaching. Unbelievable! God blessed us all. Thanks to Dorothy Davis from Oklahoma for contacting me to speak.

You might notice the elk in the background. It was a cow and its coat was shedding so it looks pretty shabby. There were a lot more in the area but I didn't have my camera at the time I saw them.



This is the lodge where we met. It had a wonderful meeting room, a kitchen, and sleeping quarters. Great place to meet.

Yeah, that's me preaching on the great commandment to love God and love others.


Mary Lou and I at the entrance to the Glacier Lodge. It was pretty cold at the time. It even snowed on Saturday night.
Read Psalm 8. That's what went through my mind.




3 comments:

Gina said...

Psalm 8.
Amen

Gerri said...

Don't expect any snow at Sterling when you speak at the Kansas Christian Ashram this summer! Also, don't expect mountains, elk and stuff like that--you can expect a great group of people loving the Lord and excited to hear what you have to teach from the Bible. Will ML be able to come with you?

Anonymous said...

What? No elk?? I'll have to reconsider.

Yes - ML will be there.

PR