Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


After coming back from Mexico I can't help but count my many blessings. In fact, they are too many to count. In reality, I have all I need (a big difference from want). I have food, shelter, clothing, a house to live in, a wonderful family who loves the Lord, great friends and a wonderful church in which I am called to serve. For some reason I have been the recipient of God's grace and mercy - neither of which I deserve. Out of gratitude I offer my thanks to the Lord. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!

5 comments:

Earl and Lois said...

Amen, Don't we all.

Anonymous said...

Ditto that AMEN

Anonymous said...

Seeing the reality of hard poverty is a humbling experience. I was raised poor by US standards, but we lived in the Hilton compared to some of the pictures you brought back. Now, my question to you is, What are we going to do about it? God has a way of tugging at ones heart strings when there is a true need. This trip has touched and changed you in a way that you will never be the same Pastor Rick and the need is great even here in our own community. I will continue to pray for guidence and maybe one step at a time the tide will continue to turn in Gods favor. Have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

Ranger Randy said...

Actually, to the comment that was left just before this...what are WE going to do about it? It's up to all of God's people to feed the poor and the hungry and to clothe the "naked." Are we (including myself)up to it? Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Amen. We all need to see the other side of the fence and there is always someone with something much worse. We are truly blessed with family, love, faith, and hope. We can focus on that because God has taken such great care of our basic needs. Thanksgiving is a great time as with every day to count those many blessings. God is soooo good. TC