Thursday, January 24, 2008

THURSDAY THOUGHTS!

There were a lot of responses to the last blog - interesting since it was just a bunch of miscellaneous questions (Wednesday wonderings). In light of that I thought I'd add a few more mindless(?) statements for today's cyberspace chatter:

So you want to know who Cory is? - a great guy from Larned who is active in Emmaus and Chrysalis and was instrumental in confirming my appointment to Leoti. You may better know him as Leigh Anne's (Smades) husband. (Still welcome to move to Leoti).

How bout them Cats? Both men and women basketball teams.

Kyle is about to commit himself to going to college at Southwestern College in Winfield. Had a good visit on Monday. What say you?

Do you ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond? Talk about disfunctional. Yet it's not much different than what's happening in so many families these days.

The buegill as our state fish? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

So the Europeans don't want to give an award to the authors of a book with the three little pigs because it might offend Muslims? Come on, people need to get a life.

Jesus came to simplify things. So why do we continually make things more difficult?

I'm officiating a funeral tomorrow. "Where O death is your victory? Where O death is your sting? But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!"

Friday night means another basketball game. "Keep thoughts to self. Keep thoughts to self. Keep thoughts to self. Keep thoughts to self".

I know of a ministry need if you'll call me before Sunday. It would be extremely helpful to someone who is struggling. Call me, please. Thanks!

Have a great weekend!! See you locals in church.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to get more responses from your musings. The more profound and deep the thoughts, the less comments. Yet, the e-mails fly between us when those appear..... "have you read Rick's Blog?" That "breaking camp" idea
is quite a challenge.

Yes, I know who Cory Stelter is and I could tell you plenty. He's one of two favorite Son-in-laws and I need him here. ljs

Anonymous said...

How about the bluegill fish as our state fish? Don't think I have ever heard of the buegill fish, but I'm not the type to sweat the small stuff. Life is too short.

I don't know Cory Stelter but he just became my favorite person since I now know he had a part in getting you to Leoti. Now, can he keep you here for many more years. I don't want this to swell your head but you have done a lot for our youth in Wichita County and have helped many of them know the Lord. Oh sure I know you have had help, lots of help, but it takes someone to plant the seed. Oh, go ahead let that head swell, you deserve it.

May God bless us with your ministry for many more years and of coarse we can't forget Mary Lou. You two make a great addition to Leoti.

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of how great our boys played last night! Great job to all!
.......and hey......since most of that team is made up of boys from our church (and the preachers son!) and the coach attends our church......why not have the boys lead the team in prayer before games and at half time? We might see a small difference?!?

js

Anonymous said...

Is Kyle SURE about Southwestern? I heard Tabor call . . . . and we'd love to have him. LJ