Monday, October 29, 2007

EMMAUS (pt.2)

After returning home from Garden on Sunday I am convinced that God uses a "plethra" of methods to draw his people to him through special and powerful ways. Obviously the Walk to Emmaus is one of them. In my prior post someone responded in a way that suggested the walk as being a prerequisite or and additonal work that must take place to get "closer to the gates of heaven". Far from it. Yes, it draws us closer to "Him" but JESUS is the only "gate" and faith in him allows us to enter. The Walk is merely one of many tools used by God to grow in our relationship with Christ. Disciple Bible Study, the Ashram retreat, small group bible studies, Promise Keepers, Women of Faith, etc., etc., are all used by God to draw us closer to him in faith. Praise God for the ways he helps us grow and the ways he "fires us up" for him. Would I like everyone to go on the walk? Sure! But it's by far not the only way people can draw close to Jesus. I'm for whatever God chooses to do.

We all know that life is filled with mountaintop and valley experiences. Why not pursue and experience the mountaintop when you can? There are always plenty of valleys out there.

I am so thankful for what God did in the lives of the women this past weekend. It was awesome to see him work in their lives and am excited for others to hear the stories.

Never apologize about an experience with God. Never!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personally attended the Walk this past weekend. It was an incredible, amazing experience that I will never forget!!! I can't even begin to describe the "Agape" love I felt the entire 72 hours from everyone that was involved all over the WORLD!!! Incredible!!! It was so exciting to see MaryLou's and Rick's expression after the walk. I felt so loved and cared for by our pastor and his wife!!! They truly are quite a team!! I feel so alive and so renewed in my walk with God. You really need to experience it for yourself as it truly is an amzing 72 hours that one can't describe. There are moments that will blow you away!!! I am so thankful and blessed that God called my husband and I to this walk. It has truly made a huge impact on our lives!!! De Colores Kp