Saturday, October 13, 2007

BITTERSWEET

I was saddened to hear of the death of one of my best friend's mom, Ellie Zerger, this past week at Marion. Actually, she died on my birthday, October the 4th. It was totally unexpected and was a shock to us all.

In the picture you see Reuben (Ellie's husband), and Julie and Tim, great friends from high school. I made a red eye trip to Marion Tuesday afternoon to spend a little time with them. It was a great evening although I wish it could have been for a different reason. It had been years since I'd seen them so we had a little catching up to do. Talked about our great times in school and especially the great times at their house where Ellie was more than hospitable. Needless to say, I never went hungry when I was at their house. She was such a great person and always treated me as one of her own. I am grateful I will see her again by virtue of our faith in Christ.

It's too bad that we seem to let time get away from us to the point that we don't stay in touch like we should. But, as is the case with good friends, when we do get together it's as if we have not missed a beat. Such was the case on Tuesday evening.

My prayers continue to go out to the family. I'd ask you to keep them in your prayers as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellie was a devoted wife, and consumate host. She stood faithfully by her husband through thick and thin. We could all take a lesson from her. She will be missed. KF