Monday, September 26, 2011

35 YEARS! YOU KIDDING ME?

This past Saturday was my high school's 35th class reunion at Marion.  A little more than half of the class of 1976 was able to get together for a fun day riding a float in the Old Settler's Day parade and then gathering at the lake hall at the county lake for a catered meal and goofing off (some more than others).  I must say, it was a great time.  29 out of the 54 grads were able to converge on Marion for the get-together.  Some of my classmates I had not seen since graduation.  And boy, have they aged.  What the heck?  Gray hair, no hair, colored hair - mercy!  Amazing to think that we were not just talking about our kids, but GRANDKIDS!  What??  Too much fun!  Too much fun!!

Kudos to Duane McCarty and Joni Wiens Crofoot for all the grunt and groan work to gather addresses, send e-mails, facebooks, snail mail, and do all the logistical stuff for the parade and for the meal at the lake.  Great job!!  You're both keepers!

Personally, I had a great time seeing everyone again.  Not to mention retelling some of the crazy stories from our days of old ("I just told myself a joke I never heard before" - Duane M.)  And of course, I was the designated prayer for the meal.  Tried to take up an offering but did not succeed.  Anyways, looking forward to our 40th.  I'll invest in some Grecian Formula before then.

 A motley crew!


 Duane McCarty, yours truly, Jim Hoch, Steve Smith


Uhhh, who knows what's going on???


Sadly we lost four of our classmates:
Ann Higgins, Pat Kelly, Doug Druse, Jim Higgins

God rest their souls and God bless those of us who remain!!



See ya all in 2016!!

1 comment:

Gerri said...

Mike always gets to pray at our reunions. Last time one of the girls had become a Unitarian pastor so they both prayed--whatever.
Glad you had a great time.