Monday, June 13, 2011

MONDAY MEANDERINGS!



Ah yes, another Monday. Most people hate Mondays. Me?? Normally my day off so I kind of like it. It gives me a little breather before jumping back in the saddle and gettin after it for another week. Lots of thoughts floating around in my head but the problem is, they don't seem to want to leave. Ever had that problem? I'm sure they are good thoughts, but for the moment, they are going to have to simmer. In the meantime, here goes:




  • I'm still convinced that humidity is of the devil.


  • 3 months from right now til the infamous elk hunt, but who's counting?


  • Sunday was an awesome day in worship! Preached the "dynamite power" of the Holy Spirit and that very Spirit drew many to the altar for prayer. Blaze, Spirit, blaze!!


  • I still love this quote - "He who hears not the music thinks the dancer is mad!" (In Batterson's book 'In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day!'


  • ML and I are attempting the Couch-to-5K Running Plan! (On purpose - how crazy is that?)


  • I know many of you love summer, however...........................


  • Something to ponder - A system produces what it measures, and you get what you pay attention to.


  • Wheat harvest is upon us. I hope to help out next Monday (unless dad and bro are done by then). It always reminds me of what Jesus said - the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Anyone ready to go to work? Nothing like leading someone to Jesus, bringing them into the kingdom.


  • Extremely excited about the staff at our church. Vicky, Tracey, , ML, Brian, Bri and yours truly - A great team! For such a time as this!!


  • Facing some possible change at the church. Still praying for discernment and for God's will that we might focus on reaching the least, the last, and the lost. Gil Rendle said that for change to take place, there are two parents - pain and possibility! ('Journey in the Wilderness'). How true, how true!


  • Grateful for the life of Betty Henderson who passed away last Saturday. Her memorial service will be Friday at 11:00 at MUMC.


  • The NBA championship won by the Mavs over the Heat is proof that you can't buy the ring!


  • Father's Day is Sunday. Don't forget. Most of all, I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for offering me his grace and mercy through Jesus. Amen and amen!

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

I think some wise person said, "Change is good. You go first."