Thursday, November 04, 2010

THURSDAY THOUGHTS!


JUST a few thoughts on this Thursday:
  • The devil still likes to mess with us doesn't he? Yesterday I had several things on the schedule - a meeting with a person to talk about the faith at noon, time with the children in the afternoon to talk about communion and Christ's invitation to all of us to respond to his love, and then a membership class in the evening. And of course, I get the flu during the night on Tuesday. Isn't that just like the devil to step in to attempt to keep us from doing ministry? Bottom line - I stayed home all day yesterday until the membership class and God gave me the strength to facilitate that group (17 of them). God is good.
  • Wow! I forgot how much work it is to take care of little kids. ML and I were in Salina on Sunday evening and Monday to help take care of the grandkids - Owen and Aubryn. Full time job. But lots of fun, lots of fun.
  • Last Sunday God really blessed us with His presence. I finished the sermon series that focused on the vision that God has given us - "Inviting all to experience the life-transforming love of Jesus Christ". I spoke on the truth that "It's all about Jesus". Think about it! If we leave Jesus out of the mix we are just merely being religious and we know that Jesus didn't come to introduce a new religion. He came to offer a new relationship - a huge difference. And based on the response Sunday, there is a real desire for that relationship.
  • I would ask that you pray for marriages in our community. The devil is working hard to destroy families. Pray for forgiveness and reconciliation in the lives of those who are struggling. Pray they will look to Jesus for healing and restoration. Nothing is too difficult for God so let's covenant to pray for the marriages that are under attack.
  • Are any of you out there tired? I don't know, maybe it's just because I have been sick, but I'm tired. Some of it is the fact that there are so many folks going through such difficult times - heartache, pain, sickness, etc. It might be good just to lay down and take a nap. What say you?
  • I had a "first" happen to me last week. I officiated a wedding on Thursday evening because the couple was going deer hunting over the weekend. Priorities, you know!
  • I'm going to the KSU/Texas game this weekend. The bad thing? It starts at 7:00 pm so it will be very late getting home. I'm very grateful we are turning the clocks back an hour on Saturday night.
  • So, how serious will we be about living out the vision God has placed before us? Will we be intentional about inviting others to experience a transformed life that comes by placing faith in Jesus? Or will it just be a nice 6 week sermon series that we will forget about and move on to something else? The truth be told, God will hold us accountable. Let us respond in obedience.
  • Need prayer? Let me know. Have a great week!

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Need prayer? ALWAYS. I'm a work in progress. Or regress. However you wanna look at it! Glad you are feeling better. and am wondering how in the world you survived Sunday morning since you weren't in bed by 9 saturday night?