Wednesday, November 17, 2010

THE LIGHTER SIDE!


I love this picture of Jesus laughing. I have a print of it hanging in my office at church. After all, Jesus said he came to offer us life, abundant life. And how can there be life without a little laughter? I mean really, there are so many pictures of Jesus with such a stoic look on his face, as if he never had any fun, as if he never laughed. He had to laugh. Just look at the disciples he chose to follow Him. And look at us? Pretty funny. Think about it:
  • "Hey Peter, I'm supposed to build my church upon you, the rock. Seriously??"
  • James and John - sons of thunder? More like sons of blunder.
  • So, Saul tells the folks in Damsacus that he saw the light. Their reply, "So did Hank Williams, not too good an ending to his life, huh?"
  • Elijah, you're a real piece of work. Fire from heaven, defeat of the prophets, and you tuck your tail and run from a woman. Cinch it up mister!
  • Baseball in the Bible - Genesis 1:1 speaks of the big inning.
  • God's name? Harold - Our Father who art in heaven, Harold be thy name.
  • Or is it Andy? Andy walks with me Andy talks with me.....
  • Joshua on the day the sun stood still - "I thought this day would never end."
  • Rick, why did you leave your mic on when you left the sanctuary?
  • PR, fyi - the cows are getting out!
  • By the way, make sure the correct song is cued up for church. For some reason, beans and a campfire didn't seem to be theme for the day.
  • Oh yeah, since Christmas is coming, make sure the tree is securely fastened in the stand. It kind of takes away from the mood when it falls during communion.
  • And when a kid says his neighbor is old and has white hair like you, just go with it!

Don't take yourself too seriously this week. Laugh a little, It's good for the soul!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun blog this week! Yes! Some of those high school SS kids equate gray hair with old! So, guess you're old and I'm not (even though my birthdate is several years before yours!) How about tennis in the Bible - Joseph served in Pharaoh's court! Don't get me started!