Monday, April 19, 2010

BE STILL!

I know you can't believe this but I have a little trouble sitting still. I'm what might be known as a type-A kind of guy, a little on the extroverted side. But this afternoon I took a little time to "stop and smell the roses". I took a couple of hours to try out the lawn furniture near the front door and enjoyed the beautiful day that God created (a little reading, a little praying, a lot of loafing). In fact, I'm still sitting outside marveling at how gorgeous a day it is - no wind, no mosquitos, sunny, beautiful trees, and birds singing all around me. Absolutley incredible! It's been awhile since I've been able to slow down and enjoy a day like this and I didn't want to miss out.


A verse that comes to mind is from Psalm 46:10 that says this, "Be still and know that I am God". I am once again reminded that I miss out on experiencing God or feeling His presence because I am always on the go. The bottom line - when I am too busy going here and going there, doing this and doing that, I miss out on God. Not good! I don't want to miss out. And I don't think you want to miss out either.


So why not take a moment to stop what you are doing, quiet yourself, and focus on God. I tried to link a song by Stephen Curtis Chapman to this blog but for some reason it failed. So if you'd like, google "Be Still" by Chapman and meditate on the words of the song. It will do your heart good. Shhhh........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you...I have been calmed just by reading your blog. Now I plan to spend some time with God and his beautyful nature.