Monday, January 04, 2010

WELCOME TO 2010!


Okay, here we go. Another new year is before us. Now what??? Well, here's a few thoughts:

  1. This past year I have been reminded of how much my family means to me. Now that we're closer to them, I plan to see them more (especially those little grandkids because it is my duty to spoil them).
  2. I'm also reminded of the great friends we have made over the years. I never want to take them for granted and am thankful to God for such special folks.
  3. Moving is never easy. Transitions can be difficult. I'm in no mood for another move anytime soon. We believe God has called us to Mulvane as difficult as it was to pack up and leave and thankfully we are beginning to see some of the fruit of the ministry here. Looking forward to what is in store for us this year.
  4. My wife is the love of my life and true partner in ministry. Couldn't do it (or wouldn't do it) without her.
  5. Yes, elk hunting is already on the calendar.
  6. I've got to figure out how to get time to read and study. Havn't completed a book since the move.
  7. Need to find a getaway place in this area. Any ideas?
  8. Retiring the 6 shooter?
  9. Talking less, listening more? That will take much prayer.
  10. And yes, Jesus is Lord of 2010!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. This past year I also was reminded of how important family is. Ashley's situation, Zim's birth, the adoption of Mac, Jake, & Josh, and the loss of my grandmother, what a year.
2. I'm also thankful for great freinds. Thanks freind!
3. You should have known moving was hard, why did you do it. We know God did call you to Mulvane. You will be rewarded greatly. Job well done, at Leoti and I'm sure at Mulvane also. You are an inspiration.
4. My wife is also the love of my life and true life partner. Not a big enough medal in the world for our wives putting up with us.
5. No elk hunt for me but am already looking forward to the stories.
6. I need to make time to read and study my bible. I'm also tired of making that statement and doing nothing about it.
7. Dont know of any places down there but can find something around Leoti or in the mountains.
8. I'm going to ignore the 6 shooter comment. No I won't. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! That JUST wouldn't be you, Clint.
9. I will pray for you on #9. Is that related to #8?
10. AMEN BROTHER. God is good.....And all the time.....
kclark

Anonymous said...

I still can't spell freind, or is it friend, or capitalize i'm, but the rest of the blog was much improved over my last one. It was great seeing you in Wichita. Tell ML hello. Take care Brother and have a great and blessed year.

JoAnne said...

I think if you quit talking.....it would give you more time to think. You already think too much! Moving......you know my thoughts. elk hunt......as long as ML gets to stay in Leoti again. Get away.....your just a step from Wichita. Remember when you lived in leoti, Wichita was a great place to go!
Take care! And have a great new year!

Anonymous said...

Rick we were shopping in Walmart yesterday and seen someone that sure looked like Kyle Just, so I went up to him and asked if he was Kyle Just. He was about as surprised as we were. Anyway he intoduced us to his girlfriend Molly. She seems very nice and we enjoyed seeing both of them.
Lois