Saturday, April 04, 2009

HARMONIC CONNECTION


Ever seen the movie "August Rush"? The music - "It' s like it's calling out to us, except only some of us hear it". The reply? "Only some of us are listening". A great show if you are into music (even if you're not). And a good reminder that music is "harmonic connection between all living beings". The question is "Are we listening?"

These are lines from the movie and because I love music so much it caused me to think about the songs that I've loved (or at least liked) over the years. Here are a few of my favorites from various categories:

Hymns: And Can it Be, Because He Lives, Holy, Holy, Holy, How Great Thou Art

Praise and Worship: I Exalt Thee, You Are my King (Amazing Love), Open the Eyes of my Heart

Country: The Dance, Meet in the Middle, When I Said I Do, Thank God for Kids,

Rock: Takin Care of Business, Sweet Home ALabama, Your Song, China Grove,

Rap - I said "music"

There's a lot more music I like than these listed but just a little sampling. How about you? What do you like? Who's your favorite group? What's your favorite "genre"?

So, as they say, "Sing, sing a song" (Carpenters from the 70's).

1 comment:

G said...

I think I about could have guessed your favorites... :)