Sunday, October 05, 2008

PART 2 - (last pics, I promise. Well........)

Sorry this post is so disjointed. The pictures and comments got all out of order and it wouldn't let me fix it. Oh, well.
As you can see, Craig, Randy, and Rod (with me in the back) are riding back down the mountain with all the goods.



It's been a couple of weeks since the big hunt but I remember it as if it were yesterday (or was it last week, or... I had a birthday so I'm getting a little forgetful). Here are a few more pics from the trip. Tayler, here's the pic you were looking for. I've got more snapshots but these are probably enough - don't want too much of a good thing.





Here is the elk I shot - 46 yards from where I was sitting. It was shot with a .50 caliber muzzle loader black powder rifle. She was good size. The meat is in the freezer as I speak.





"Can you hear me now?" Craig was way up on top of the ridge of the mountain. But alas, no cell service. I'd get another cell service wouldn't you?

God blessed us with great weather, great fellowship, and great success. Until next time....


4 comments:

JoAnne said...

You still don't look like the killer type to me, even with the proof in your hands! Tayler will love the pictures!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT????? There's going to be a next time???? LJ

Anonymous said...

So just how much per pound did that Elk cost you????

Anonymous said...

great job PR i'm going next time with you all. Chris