Friday, August 08, 2008

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH!

When I was in high school, John Denver sang a lot of songs about the beauty of the Rockies and the beauty of his wife (whom he later divorced - go figure). Anyway, we (ML, Kyle, Todd, Melissa, and Owen) are taking off for a week in the mountains of Colorado next week. Eric, Andrea, and Brayden couldn't get away. What a hoot if they could have come too!

I always love to go and see and experience the grandeur and majesty of the Rockies. It's pretty difficult to be an agnostic or atheist when you find yourself in the midst of the tall pine trees, expansive mountain ranges, crisp, cool air, and flowing mountain streams. No wonder the Psalmist said, "O Lord , our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!". He was looking at all of his surroundings and could no longer contain himself because God's glory was manifest in the majesty of all of His creation.

I'm anticipating the same response as I head west in a few days. And the fact that many of my family will be with me is that much more of a bonus. A Rocky Mountain High?? INDEED!

3 comments:

Kevin F. said...

Have a great time! Lori and I are headed up to Estes Park the last week of August to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. How time flies!!

Leigh Anne said...

Have a great time in Colorado. I hope you find your mind while you're away.....I'm seeing some evidence that you've lost it!

Ranger Randy said...

Hey, Bro! You don't have anything on us! It was 64 degrees when I got up this a.m. and it's supposed to be nice all week long. Plus I can climb the dam at the Lake anytime I feel like it. (Of course I never feel like it!) Prepare the way, Oh John, for the great white hunters to commence on the Flat Tops again for Elk Hunt II.