Tuesday, August 19, 2008

MAJESTY, WORSHIP HIS MAJESTY!!

What a great time we had in Colorado. God blessed us with great weather, glorious scenery, and a wonderful time with some of the family. The following pics are just a little of what we experienced last week while in the Rockies.


This is the cabin we stayed in about 6 miles from Divide. We really roughed it!


This is a view looking at Pikes Peak off the deck from the cabin where we stayed.

"I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from. My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth" Psalm 121:1-2

Part of the family - Todd and Melissa and Owen, Mary Lou and Kyle and me (sitting, I'm old).


The moon rising above the pines.

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him...?" Psalm 8:3-4

4 comments:

Kevin F. said...

SIGH...I wonder what it would be like to live there and get to see those sights every day....Do you think a person could actually get used to it and take splendor like that for granted? Lori and I are heading to Estes Park one week from tomorrow. We can't wait to see God's glory in the Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park.

Anonymous said...

When I drive west and start to see the mountains, the first thing I think of is what was going through the explores mind after crossing western Ks and running into these mountains. My second thought is reassurence that there is only one God who could have created such majestic beauty. We are blessed with so many gifts and in so many ways. Thank God.
P.S. Isn't the green grass wonderful. hc

Ranger Randy said...

You know, I really like staying in the wall tent, but that cabin looks pretty nice. Do you suppose we could commute to Flat Tops??(HA!)

Earl and Lois said...

Great Pictures