Thursday, July 17, 2008

WEDDINGS, WEEKENDS AND WHATNOTS!

I told Mary Lou that I don't want to wish my life away but I'll sure be glad when July is over. I officiated a small wedding at Camp Lakeside last weekend and am now preparing to officiate a HUGE wedding here at the church on Saturday evening. Pray that we get some rain and that the heat will subside because it's going to be a packed church. It should be fun, though.

I also have some friends coming from Marion for part of the weekend - their son is playing baseball in the state tournament at Garden so they are going to drive back and forth and stay for night. Hopefully there is a little time in between to catch up with the Fruechtings.

I leave after church on Sunday for a week at Topeka speaking at what is called Summer Assembly Camp. I will lead 10 hours of workshops in the mornings and preach for 7 worship services so it will be very busy. Pray for me, I'd appreciate it. However, one of the benefits is that the camp is only 5-10 minutes from my grandson Brayden's house (Eric and Andrea, too). So guess what I might be doing when there is a little free time?

Then when I get back the next Sunday there is a couple of days to maybe catch my breath before the fair kicks into high gear. I will help with the 4-H with the livestock again this year. I enjoy that a lot. Of course, I some responsibilities with the ministerial alliance and the church food booth as well. And speaking of food booth, if you have not yet signed up to help, I'm pleading for you to do so. It is not fair for just a few to do so much. If we can't get enough help we may have to rethink whether we do the food booth anymore in the future.

More than likely I won't be blogging until I get back from Topeka so have a great week (or two).

2 comments:

Ranger Randy said...

We're praying for ya, man! Hope the week goes great!

Anonymous said...

Noticed on the wichita news last night the humiditiy is way up there in the Eastern part of the State.
Hang in there PR, don't melt!!
Looking forward to having u back to Leoti for the fair activities. We will have a great time!