Monday, July 28, 2008

SUMMER ASSEMBLY

Had a great week at Topeka at the summer assembly camp. It was extremely hot and humid but it's amazing how weather never keeps God from going to work. And he did. Several kids placed their faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior along with many who recomitted themselves to him. It was quite exhausting but was well worth it. Met some great people while at the camp and hope to see them all again some day. The following are a few pictures from the week.


The above is a picture of a few of the folks who attended the morning workshops. I taught a class based upon the book by John Ortberg entitled Everybody's Normal Until You Get To Know Them. It was a wonderful time together.


Josh and Amanda are a brother and sister who really love the Lord. Josh was the youth dean and Amanda was a sponser of girls in her cabin. (Kyle's future wife). Great people!!

Yep, that's me preaching the last worship service (#7) but who's counting? I preached the 7 "I Am" sayings found in the gospel of John. It looks like I'm sleeping. Reminds me of the way some of you look when I preach (ha).

2 comments:

Amanda Elaine said...

I'm still waiting to meet this future husband of mine. :) hehe.
You'll have to keep me posted on the "progress" of the relationship.

But, I had a great time at camp and wanted to thank anyone from Leoti that reads this. I'm grateful that you shared him with us this past week. The Lord did some awesome things and we all might be exhausted but it was all well worth it.

Ranger Randy said...

Hey, bro! If you wondered how you stayed awake, attribute that to prayer. Sounds like an awesome week, especially seeing more come into the fold - too cool! That's what it's really all about: fishing for souls and churning up the coals!!
RDJ