Tuesday, November 29, 2005

ANTI POLITICALLY-CORRECT HOLIDAY GREETINGS

Okay, just so you know, I despise the replacement of Merry Christmas with "Happy Holidays". I can somewhat stomach "Season's Greetings" but with much chagrin. Now it's not thatI don't want you to have a happy holiday and I'm not against a greeting that is geared toward the holiday season. It's just that the anti-Christian folks are doing all in their power to strip Christmas of its true meaning. They complain that it's offensive to those who aren't Christian. And besides, "we wouldn't want to offend anyone, would we?" Heck, you don't see any of the politically correct police getting all worked up when Christianity gets blasphemed all over the place. There is no outcry when Jesus is made fun of on the big screen or in the printed word. That's offensive to me but do they care? But if the same intolerance would happen to Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, etc. there'd be all sorts of you- know -what to pay. Ah yes, hypocrisy reigns.

Well, if "Merry Christmas" is offensive - so what. Get over it. I'm offended that they're offended. My guess is that those against the phrase will be taking December 25th off from work. If they don't want Christmas mentioned, they can go to work while the rest of us celebrate the holiday. Otherwise, keep quiet.

The nice thing about this blog is that my wife and kids don't have to hear me harp about the continued secularization of the holiday. You get to hear it all. Don't you feel blessed?

Merry Christmas everybody!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for you, I ordered greeting cards that I really didn't like! The color and style I wanted said Happy Holidays, but I went for the others that said Merry Christmas, JUST to save a lecture! Isn't it nice to know that "some" things you say stick with us!

P.R.JUST said...

Sorry about the less than desirable cards but not sorry about what they say. You will be blessed. P.R.

T. J. said...

Ah yes, the "Happy Holidays Hot Button" -always popular in the Just household this time of the year. yippeee

Anonymous said...

You are so right. Who is being offended, it is me I want to hear people say have a Merry Christmas. When I go to stores and before I leave I tell them to have a nice day and MERRY CHRISTMAS to them.

Anonymous said...

I think some people should get a life and stop setting around trying to think of things that offend many people. I guess we will go out and cut a holiday tree so we can put the holiday decorations on the holiday tree. Then we can get up holiday morning and open our holiday gifts and then get our holiday meal and then set around and talk about how much we have enjoyed the holiday day. Doesn't that sound ridiculous. First of all how many holiday trees have you seen growing in the forest? I went in a store and the clerk said happy holiday to me. I ask her if they were allowed to say Merry Christmas and she said oh yes I just didn't think about it. I said well you and your family have a Merry Christmas. Can you tell I am just a little ticked about what a few people are trying to do to the foundation of our country. Let's keep God as our foundation like it has always been!!!!