Monday, May 03, 2010

A "GRAND(DADDY) DAY"

Sunday I had the privilege to dedicate my granddaughter to the Lord in our 10:45 worship service. Adelyn, daughter of my middle son Eric and wife Andrea, was as cute as can be as she entertained the congregation realizing that she might as well take advantage of an audience that was watching her every move. Addy tried to eat the microphone while Eric was sharing his and Andrea's desire to raise her in the Christian faith and in a Christian home. And after the prayer of dedication, she hammed it up for all who would pay attention. I must say that I am extremely blessed to have Christian children who yearn for "their" children to be followers of Jesus Christ. My boys are Christian. Their wives are Christian (well, Kyle is not yet married but you can be sure she will be a Christian), and now our grandchildren are growing up in the faith. What a joy! ML and I are so proud of our family and thank God daily for each one of their lives. ML - Todd, Melissa, Owen, Aubryn - Eric, Andrea, Brayden, and Adelyn, and Kyle - I love you all!



Addy and Gramps during her dedication service.




Brayden helping Gramps. Isn't he handsome?


1 comment:

Inay said...

hmmmm...great pic...

A moment we dare to say
this is who I am
the greatest daddy ever
now greater than ever before

grand kids at your toes
grand kids at your back
grand kids at your shoulder
are they the ones that keeps us young

correct me if i am wrong
their life is a gift
laughter and tears,
joy and sadness
they were nothing so i may add
with trusting heart, and innocent mind
they are reason why life is worth giving

my own poem
God bless