Monday, September 07, 2009

I WONDER....................

Yeah, it's kind of strange, but have you ever thought about the "rest of the story" when it comes to some of the Biblical characters or stories in Scripture? For example, I talked about Zaccheaus yesterday in Luke 19. I wonder:

  • How much money did he return to those he ripped off? How did the poor respond to him when he gave them money?
  • What was the first thing the blind man saw after Jesus gave him his sight? How did he know what it was?
  • Did Peter ever attempt to walk on water again?
  • How many people really think John the Baptist was a "Baptist". Was he an independent, North American, or Southern Baptist?
  • What happened to Jesus' earthly father, Joseph? He kind of disappeared after Jesus was born?
  • If Noah ever ate fish after his ordeal with the "whale"?
  • If Adam and Eve ever sat down and asked, "What would have happened if we repented"?
  • What Timothy would say was the greatest thing he learned from the apostle Paul?
  • If God gets a kick out of people like me who ask these silly questions?

What are your questions??????????




11 comments:

Kevin F. said...

As busy as you are, I wonder when you have time to let your mind wander and wonder these things???

Anonymous said...

This afternoon I am just wondering how this rain compares to Noah's experience and we are only four inches and counting! Shelley

T Just said...

i'm wondering when Noah had an encounter with a "whale."

Gerri said...

Todd, I wondered the same thing about Noah and the "whale", but figured Noah rhymes with Jonah. And afterall I considered who was actually doing the wondering.

Anonymous said...

Let's all play nice now!! lol

Shelley

P.R.JUST said...

Very good class. I was "just wondering" if anyone would catch that. And now, how many animals did Moses put on the ark??

Mary Ann David said...

Wondered exactly how the ten commandments broke as Moses came down the mountain? Did he trip on a rock? Also how did Moses know about the golden calf? Just a few of my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

In answer to PR's question on the number of animals in the ark. Two of all of them. HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! Take care my friend and try not to think so hard, get some rest, and like a wise man once told me, there is really no silly questions, just some really silly answers some times. M

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it also was Noah not Moses. See I caught that too. M

Anonymous said...

Noah actually took more than just two of every animal. He took clean animals for him and his family to eat. Little known fact. Oh and, here's my question.
-Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
That will bug me for the rest of my life.

Anonymous said...

Way too much time on your hands. Don't you have a yard to mow or something????? And FYI the desciples did drive a Honda, right???