Friday, February 22, 2008

SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY!

What a great time I had with the folks in Vale, North Carolina this past week. I was there as a part of the World Methodist Council on Evangelism as I shared with the folks as it related to the Cornerstone Celebration, a local church ministry that lifts up Jesus Christ as the cornerstone of our faith as Christians. (I'll share more about this on Sunday). The picture above is the Bed and Breakfast where I stayed called De Starte'. Glenda Miller was a most gracious hostess.



Sunday afternoon I led a Faith-Sharing Workshop at the Hebron UMC. It was a great afternoon with about 30 in attendence for the workshop. We talked about the importance of sharing our faith with others and the fact that we are not in full compliance with Jesus' teachings if we choose to remain silent about what he has done and is doing in our lives.


The above is a cake with the Cornerstone logo imprinted on it. You might also notice that the them of the World Methodist Council on Evangelism is "That the world may know Jesus".

For you folks in North Carolina, thank you from the bottom of my heart. What a blessed time and what a joy to see God work the way he did. God truly was present in our time together. Please be intentional about your growth in Christ now that the "event" is over.

Also, thanks to all of you for the good food - wow!! It's some serious diet time now. (I mentioned livermush to the folks back here but they weren't overly interested).

For you here in Leoti, I'll fill you in on Sunday as I mix the pictures and experiences with the sermon. Hey, why not bring a friend? So here we go, back in the saddle again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, ho, Bro! Sounds like it was a great trip with lots of great results. Maybe you could ship some of that cake our way, eh? Preach it hard on Sunday!!
RDJ

Anonymous said...

Rick...I do believe God is broadening your territaory!!! You have shown great care with the talents (gifts) He has given you and now He is continuing to give you more responsibility!! Lean upon Him as He enables you, through His strength, to do more and more for His kingdom!!
We all must be faithful to our call from God and the talents He has given to us even when they feel small compared to someone else!!
In the beginning God gave me just one call (talent), Love your family and be committed to it. This one small talent was without a doubt enough in the beginning, as between my husband and I, we had come from 3 parents who were alcaholics, my husband was an alcaholic himself, I was a product of divorce (that at that time still needed much of God's touch), we were both teenagers, and had 3 children within the first 4 years of our marriage (one of which was very sick). Only ONE talent, love and serve your family and be committed to them. We are incabable of living out our talents without the help of the Holy Spirit. I quickly learned my dependance on the Lord!!
This was my one and only talent for many years and many times I thought God was not using me enough. Many years later I can see how that one talent has affected many lives!! He is not beginning to give me more influence and responsibility in my church and I no longer a home maker, He has also given me responsibility with the job I have. It is not about the number of talents you are given!! It is about how effectively you allow the Holy Spirit to communicate your talents to others. We are so completely dependent on our Lord for His grace in ALL we do!!!
Congratulations on allowing the Holy Spirit to use you so effectively!!! I'm sure this is only the beginning of a very good thing!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't tell you before you left on your trip I really apprieatate the Faith sharing workshop, it made me understand what our church is about. Thank you for taking your sunday afternoon to teach and let me learn about the church and christ better.