Wednesday, October 05, 2005

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

October is always one of those months for me that reminds me of Willie Nelson's song "On The Road Again." This October is no exception. I just returned late last night from leading some renewal services in Larned (No they didn't check me into the hospital). It was a great three days. Tiring, but great, as people each night responded to the invitation to be renewed and refreshed regarding their relationship with God through Christ. Sunday I leave for Towanda (between ElDorado and Wichita) for another three days and nights. I pray the people are prepared for God to work in their lives just as the folks in Larned were prepared. The next couple of weeks I will be back and forth to Wichita in preparation for the Walk to Emmaus event which will be held the last week of October. I am leading the music team with my brother Rod and Kevin Fruechting, one of the guys I used to sing with at Aulne. That will be a blast. The first weekend in November I will be going to Moscow (KS, not Russia) to lead another series of renewal services.
So, as you can see, these are busy days. But they are exciting days as I witness what God is doing in the lives of his people. It is humbling to me to be used in such a way that I can work with kids, youth, and men and women in various locations and settings and proclaim God's love, forgiveness, restoration, and renewal. The real blessing is that I am just as encouraged and revived as those to whom I'm preaching or teaching. Isn't that JUST the way God works?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting three days we had.....our Three Nights with God and Pastor Rick Just...here in Larned. Thanks to the Leoti congregation for sharing him with us. Such inspirational teaching, from what puts our fire out to "Drop Kick Me Jesus through the Goal Posts of Life. Please come again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Larned for giving Leoti a break!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding! We love him, too!